- eFFECTOR Therapeutics Inc EFTR announced interim data updates from a Phase 2 expansion cohort evaluating zotatifin combined with fulvestrant and abemaciclib (ZFA triplet) in patients with ER+ metastatic breast cancer (mBC).
- Five out of 19 (26%) RECIST-evaluable patients achieved a partial response (PR), including four confirmed and one unconfirmed.
- The disease control rate (DCR) is 74%.
- As of the data cut-off date, four patients remained on therapy, and progression-free survival (PFS) and clinical benefit rate (CBR) data are not yet mature.
- The ZFA triplet was generally well tolerated.
- New data were also reported for patients in resumed dose escalation cohorts utilizing the ZF doublet.
- In the one fully enrolled cohort, patients receiving zotatifin dosed at 0.1 mg/kg every other week (Q2W) combined with fulvestrant, 1 of 3 (33%) patients achieved a PR on the first on-treatment scan.
- Zotatifin has been generally well tolerated in dose escalation cohorts, with no dose-limiting toxicities or serious adverse events observed.
- Data for the ZF doublet with zotatifin at 0.07 mg/kg dose on Days 1 and 8 of 21-day cycles, initially reported in January, were also updated.
- The patient with a confirmed PR showed a duration of response (DOR) of approximately 13 months.
- Price Action: EFTR shares are up 72.7% at $0.91 during the premarket session on the last check Friday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.