- Alphabet Inc GOOG GOOGL Google DeepMind clubbed the AI research groups, the Brain team from Google Research, and DeepMind to accelerate its progress in AI significantly CEO Sundar Pichai said in a blog post.
- Their collective accomplishments in AI span AlphaGo, Transformers, word2vec, WaveNet, AlphaFold, sequence-to-sequence models, distillation, deep reinforcement learning, and distributed systems and software frameworks like TensorFlow and JAX for expressing, training, and deploying large-scale ML models.
- As CEO of Google DeepMind, Demis Hassabis will lead the development of its general AI systems.
- Google promoted Jeff Dean to Google’s Chief Scientist, serving as Chief Scientist to Google Research and Google DeepMind.
- Google Research will continue its essential work leading fundamental advances in computer science across algorithms and theory, privacy and security, quantum computing, health, climate and sustainability, and responsible AI.
- In April, Google disclosed plans to integrate conversational artificial intelligence features into its flagship search engine, supercharging Google’s ability to answer an array of search queries.
- Google also integrated generative AI into its widely used productivity applications, like Google’s Workspace, Google Docs, and Gmail.
- This week Google shared plans to introduce generative artificial intelligence (AI) into its advertising business which also powers its Bard chatbot, which means it can produce far more sophisticated campaigns resembling those created by marketing agencies.
- In March, Google launched Bard to take on Microsoft Corp MSFT-backed OpenAI’s ChatGPT, which can write convincingly humanlike responses to questions and prompts.
- Price Action: GOOG shares traded lower by 0.13% at $105.76 premarket on the last check Friday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.