ETF investors are withdrawing funds from the main U.S. equities ETFs, which track the S&P 500 index and the tech-heavy Nasdaq 100. Other ETFs have seen interesting movement, as well.
- The SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust SPY, the biggest ETF tracking the S&P 500 index, registered outflows for three consecutive days (as of Wednesday, April 19) totaling $1.9 billion, according to Koyfin data. This marks the SPY’s worst week in terms of flows since the Silicon Valley Bank’s collapse in March. Year to date, SPY has seen cumulative outflows of $7.8 billion.
- The Invesco QQQ Trust Series 1 QQQ, the world’s largest ETF tracking the tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 index, has had outflows for $970 million over the same period. QQQ has registered cumulative outflows of $1.85 billion so far in 2023.
- The Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund ETF VTI, which is exposed to the wider U.S. stock market, saw $323 million in inflows this week. Year to date, VTI has accumulated $4.39 billion in inflows.
- The Vanguard Value Index Fund ETF VTV, which offers exposure to large-cap value companies, saw $69.5 million in inflows this week. Year to date, VTV has attracted $3.01 billion in inflows.
- The Vanguard Growth Index Fund ETF VUG, which invests in large-cap growth companies, witnessed withdrawals of $23.8 million this week. Year to date, VUG has received $1.73 billion in inflows.
- The Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund ETF BND, the biggest ETF tracking global fixed-income markets, witnessed inflows of $300.8 million this week. BND has seen cumulative inflows of $4.39 billion thus far in 2023
- The SPDR Gold Trust ETF GLD, the biggest ETF offering exposure to the price of the precious metal, saw outflows of $75.5 million this week. Year to date, GLD has attracted $740 million in inflows.
|ETF||Ticker||WTD flows||YTD flows|
|SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust||SPY||-$1.9bn||-$7.8bn|
|Invesco QQQ Trust||QQQ||-$970mln||-$1.85bn|
|Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF||VTI||+$323mln||+$4.39bn|
|Vanguard Value ETF||VTV||+$69.5mln||+$3.01bn|
|Vanguard Growth ETF||VUG||-$23.8mln||+$1.73bn|
|Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF||BND||+$300.8mln||+$4.39bn|
|SPDR Gold Trust ETF||GLD||-$75.5mln||+$740mln|
Data as of April 19, 2023 – Source: Koyfin
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.